I’m not big on sports, but man do I love the World Cup! Soccer is so fun to watch, and the games are pretty quick. Why this thing only happens once every four years is completely beyond me. I’m super sad that my team, Italy, is out. Like, my heart breaks for Azzurri. I’ve still got the USA and Argentina in the mix though!
Now that the group stages are over, I’m going to attempt a bracket of sorts for the knockout rounds.
- Brazil v. Chile: Chile has played well, but Brazil wants this badly as the home team. I’m voting Brazil advances the quarterfinals.
- Colombia v. Uruguay: This is a tough branch! Colombia has more wins than Uruguay heading into knockouts, but for some reason I think Uruguay will advance.
- France v. Nigeria: I’m predicting France will win; I haven’t seen anything too special from Nigeria.
- Germany v. Algeria: Well, after watching Germany play today I’m convinced that they’ll be able to beat Algeria.
- Netherlands v. Mexico: The Netherlands have played very well. They should have no problem beating Mexico.
- Costa Rica v. Greece: Greece hasn’t impressed me. I’m betting on Costa Rica here.
- Argentina v. Switzerland: I’ve enjoyed watching both of the teams a lot! Since Italy is out I’m throwing my support behind Argentina. I definitely think they can beat the Swiss. My boy Messi has got this!
- Belgium v. United States: Oh, USA. Belgium will definitely give us a run for our money. I’m praying that the US can take them down. That would put my two favorites teams against each other in the quarters, though!
There you have my quarterfinal predictions! I’m actually hoping Argentina wins it all.
What are your predictions?