Well, it’s been a solid 2 months since I’ve gathered links for you. February and March were tough here in Boston, alright?
But anyway, links!
- Majora’s Mask | This is my favorite Legend of Zelda game and one of my favorite games ever. I didn’t put up enough fanfare about the 3DS release on this blog and I’ve literally been saving this fantastic article since it came out. Play this game, you guys. Especially since you’ll be waiting a while for a new one…
- The Office | It’s been 10 years since the American version of The Office premiered. Angela Kinsey did an awesome instagram takeover in celebration and I had so many emotions. I love this show and this history of the Diversity Day episode really highlights what made it special.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer | You must know by now that BtVS is my number one. My cousin Nick sent me this article entitled Every Argument about Buffy on the Internet from 1998 until Now and I just loved it. Had to share!
- Narragansett | I have a lot to say about Rhode Island neighbor of mine– mostly, that I miss it horribly through all this Boston snow! I voted for Narragansett in Coastal Living’s Happiest Seaside Town contest and you can too!
- ‘Gansett | Narragansett beer is also on my mind lately. Summer brews and the delicious Del’s Lemonade Shandy are hitting shelves soon to help us remember that spring is here and summer is around the corner!
- Game of Thrones | I’m getting so pumped for April TV. We’ve waited so long for Mad Men, Orphan Black, and Game of Thrones! Watch the lovely Maisie Williams talk about watching the show with her family and Arya’s sword skills.
- Grace Helbig | Ah, my spirit animal! She’ll always be dailygrace to me, but as of next Friday night she’s on all of your TV screens on E! Here’s Grace on Fallon being perfect.
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
I’m not going to lie, I’m super happy this month is over. February was a lot of indoor living, slush and sadness.
This month has buried Boston in snow and everyone’s seasonal depression has gotten worse. I feel like I’ve been super productive lately, but all of my progress is overshadowed by the little annoyances that have crept in… I’m ready for some changes, and a new month sounds like a good way to start!
(1) Cheering the Patriots to victory in the suburbs with a blanket of snow already on the ground. (2) And then the storms came. Here’s Juno! (3) Cupcakes + coffee, super healthy breakfast on a snow day. (4) …Did I mention we got a lot of snow in Boston? (5) Got my hair done and vowed to be blonde forever. (6) I spent Valentine’s Day watching the Pokémon VCG regionals in St. Louis! (7) Majora’s Mask 3D came out! This is one of my favorite games ever, so it’s great to have it portable. (8) I ate all of these macarons in one day, oops! I’d love to try to bake some soon. (9) After 5 PM and it’s still almost light? This is progress.
Are you looking forward to March as much as I am?
Tell me something good that you just can’t wait for!
Well, Wednesday sure brought wonderful news to me in the form of a Nintendo Direct. First Hoenn remakes (my favorite pokémon generation), now Majora’s Mask (my favorite Legend of Zelda game) 3DS?! Nintendo really loves me.
You can watch Nintendo Direct here on Youtube, but here’s what you need to know:
- Majora’s Mask 3D trailer. That’s the first few minutes of the Nintendo Direct, and it is completely epic. It’s set to come out spring 2015. My question: how soon can I preorder it?!
- Codename: STEAM for 3DS, in which Abraham Lincoln is a character. Awesome? This game is also available spring 2015.
- Mario Kart 8 DLC. I already bought the combo pack of this and got my Yoshis and Shy Guys– I’m just waiting on the courses, karts, and characters. The first bundle featuring Link and a Legend of Zelda course is available November 13. Ahh so close!
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse! Y’all know I love Kirby when it comes to Smash, but I don’t think I actually own any other Kirby games? Anyway, I’m loving the idea of this Wii U game. Clay Kirby sounds like an uncontrollable mess that I am so, so down for.
- Amiibo, little figures you scan for content that I never thought I’d need… well, I might actually need some. They do stuff for Super Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart 8, which are all games that I already own or have payed to own.
- Sonic Boom is coming out very soon. I will probably pick this one up. It’s really just Knuckles that looks bizarre. There’s a new panel in StreetPass themed for the occasion!
- Mario and Luigi in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I honestly had no idea what this part was about and it was a little unnerving.
- PIKMIN! I absolutely love Pikmin 3, which is sadly my first foray into Pikmin. It’s nice to see that Nintendo is still doing stuff with Pikmin. Shigeru Miyamoto has made a few animated shorts with these buddies that are available for download in the e-shop for $5. I’m down!
- Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U looks absolutely insane and this became a must-have for me. I haven’t played Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, but I am really interested in hunting down a used copy of that as well. This one’s coming out next year, hopefully.
- Splatoon for Wii U gets it first new trailer since its premiere at E3. This game looks like a cross between Tony Hawk Pro Skater’s Graffiti mode and Portal 2 to me. The single-player mode seems secondary to the online multiplayer, but this colorful game is stuck in my head. It’s set to come out in Q2 2015.
So, basically, I’m throwing all of my money at Nintendo, as usual. Anything from this month’s Nintendo Direct strike your fancy?
With Hyrule Warriors on the brain this week, I’ve been super into The Legend of Zelda as a whole. I know, I know, how is that different from any other day? A new piece of the fandom always reignites my fervor. I couldn’t constantly be playing Hyrule Warriors, so I went searching for reviews, videos, and all Zelda-related info. My favorite find of the week is this YouTube video from The Game Theorists.
The premise is to determine which of the 11-ish Links is the strongest Link. It’s a fun walk through all the Zelda games we know and love. My favorite detail of this video is that it’s full of Doctor Who references as well– from a Tardis to symbolize time travel, to Matt Smith to symbolize 11-ish. Perfect. There’s some other fun references, like Lord of the Rings as well.
I’ll definitely be checking out more of The Game Theorists’ Youtube videos, and of course, playing more Hyrule Warriors. How’s your game coming along?