I’m a big fan of Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea line– the water-based foundation is still my go-to! The original Rainforest of the Sea palette called to me with it’s wearable, ocean-inspired shades. I knew I’d have to pick up Rainforest of the Sea volume II (And hi, I just saw vol. 3 in stores, but let’s focus here.)
Volume II blows volume I out of the water for me. The shades are slightly warmer, which makes it more appealing to me.
The palette itself features a coral design in purples, blue, and gold– very similar color scheme to volume 1, while still being noticeably different.
Inside, it’s gorgeous!
It features shades:
- pearl (white shimmer, perfect for the inner corner of your eye)
- conch (a perfect beige base for your shadow look)
- sunset (yellow gold, quite shimmery!)
- marina (my favorite warm brown!)
- seaside (a medium brown, great for the outer corner)
- siren (dark brown, for a more dramatic look)
- breezy (shimmer slate)
- riptide (called “steel blue” by Tarte, but really it’s an off-black)
See it on me:
L to R: riptide, breezy, siren, seaside, marina, sunset, conch, pearl
I used this palette in my last weekend vlog to create a pretty casual summer look, and I was SO HAPPY with the results. I started with conch, worked marina through my crease, brushed sunset across my lids, did a little shading with seaside, and added pearl to the inner corners of my eyes.
I’m officially obsessed with this palette. Have you tried it out yet?!