Well hello! We just got back from a phenomenal trip to San Francisco. Though we had originally intended to attend Pokémon Worlds, having all that free time in San Francisco really let us explore so many different neighborhoods and see so much in 5 days. It was my first time there, and everything was so photo-worthy! Even better, Matt’s been there a bunch of times and we were able to do things that were new to him too. We love to explore, and we walked A LOT. Here’s our trip!
Watch Day 1 – Exploring San Francisco!
- What We Did: Walked to see the Painted Ladies, checked out the view at Buena Vista Park, walked through Haight-Ashbury and Golden Gate Park, stopping to admire the Japanese Tea Garden.
- What We Ate: Sushi-Go-Round at Isobune in Japantown, Muracci’s curry
- Step Count: 23,265 (9.27 miles)
Watch Day 2: From the Bay Bridge to Golden Gate
- What We Did: Walked to the Ferry Building, then the whole Embarcadero, and Fisherman’s Wharf, then Ghiradelli Square, over to Lombard Street and all the way to the Palace of Fine Arts and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- What We Ate: a Nutella Belgian Waffle at Pier 39 with an apple cider from Biscoff next door, a sourdough turtle from Boudin, In-N-Out Burger for lunch, dinner with Matt’s friend at YakiniQ for Korean barbecue.
- Step Count: 32,813 (13.24 miles)
Watch Day 3: Japantown, Chinatown, & Coit Tower
- What We Did: spent some more time exploring (& shopping in!) Japantown, walked through Chinatown and to Coit Tower.
- What We Ate: Tonkatsu in Japantown at Koji Osakaya, dinner with my cousin & his girlfriend at Hunan House in Chinatown.
- Step Count: 23,317 (9.3 miles)
Watch Day 4: Eating Our Way Through the Mission!
- What We Did: ate our way through the Mission, soaked up some sun in Dolores Park and walked down Valencia Street, which was closed to traffic and a total party.
- What We Ate: The Rebel Within at Craftsmen & Wolves, a sandwich & a tart at Tartine, two scoops of ice cream at Bi-Rite, and sushi at Amasia in Noe Valley.
- Step Count: 18,606 (7.47 miles)
Watch Day 5: Academy of Sciences & Lands End!
- What We Did: A museum visit to California Academy of the Sciences just in time to watch the penguins get fed and chase butterflies in their rainforest exhibit, walked through Inner & Outer Richmond to Sea Cliff, then the breath-taking hike of Lands End and the Sutro Baths.
- What We Ate: breakfast at Pinecrest Diner, lunch at Lou’s Cafe, and dinner with Matt’s friends at Iza Ramen where I finally got my takoyaki!
- Step Count: 16,047 (6.4 miles)
Stay tuned to see much, much more of this trip!