When you think Broadway, you probably think costumes. That’s not what the designers had to contend with in last week’s episode! The designers find themselves on Broadway, in a theatre, face to face to Matthew Morrison. It’s something fun! They actually get to sit and watch Finding Neverland on Broadway and design the next day.
They are to draw their inspiration from Fining Neverland, but the garment can be whatever they want. The designers are all seemingly very affected by the musical and, for the most part, significantly inspired. Candice and Lindsay are both moved to tears. It’s Kelly’s first Broadway show and she’s feeling very special; she decides, bolstered by her immunity, to try something completely out of her norm. Ashley is nervous; she feels she needs parameters to do well. The next day at Mood, Edmund is choosing crazy colors. Tim’s a bit nervous, but Edmund says he dreams in color. Tim adds he dreams in black and white and shades of gray. Love you, Tim Gunn.
Swapnil knows he procrastinated his look a lot the previous week. Tim even acknowledges that he’s given 40% and needs to give 100%. Swapnil ends up disappointed because giving 100% makes him safe. Merline, who had a bit of trouble getting inspired but ends up with a cool cagey shoulder look, is also safe. The best and the worst this week:
- Candice | This gorgeous floral winged-coat, leather bodice, and tight pant combo blows me away. I love it and so do the judges.
- Lindsay | The color is beautiful and so is the movement of the dress. I don’t like the high cut of the neckline, but I like the flow of the dress. The judges do not.
- Edmund | Okay, his coat looks like Lumpy Space Princess, but I also kind of like the texture. The crop top and pants underneath the (Zac Posen calls it a muppet) coat are pure gold, though.
- Laurie | I mean, the model isn’t dressed. I like her coat, but all of the models parts are out.
- Kelly | Her reimagining of old Broadway attire works for me. She made the gloves, so points! Both myself and the judges love the green sequin fabric.
- Ashley | I like the ombre textile, but I don’t like the dress. Neither do the judges.
Candice takes the win!
It comes down to Laurie and Lindsay for who’s to be out, and Lindsay goes. I’ve liked Lindsay, but despite her saying she likes being here, I’m not believing it. I’m shocked that Laurie’s garment held up against hers, but maybe it was just time for Lindsay to go. Thoughts?!