Well, the interesting scene we saw last week was too good to be true! As aways, HK spins something to look insane… not like breaking plates for ingredients isn’t slightly insane anyway.
The challenge is Greek-themed, hence the plate breaking to reveal ingredients. A chef on Red and a chef on Blue each stand in front of a random dome to pick proteins: Joshua and Alison get lamb, Michelle and Bret get prawns, Milly and Meghan get squid, T and Randy get chicken, Sarah and Nick get swordfish, and Adam and Christine get pork.
Each smashes some plates to reveal ingredients. These are the only ingredients they can use with their protein, but they are not required to use all of them.
Michael Psilakis guest judges and the head-to-head battles are one:
- Alison’s lamb earns 3 point from Michael and 3 from Gordon; Josh earns 1 point from each judge.
- Bret earns 4 points from each judge for his prawns, while Michelle only picks up a 1 and a 2.
- Meghan gets a 4 and a 5 for her squid, and Milly only earns 3’s from each.
- T picks up 4 and 3 for her chicken, but Randy gets a perfect 10– 5 from each judge.
- Christine earns respectable double-4’s for her pork, but Adam cleans up with double-5’s.
- Sarah gets 3 and 4 for her swordfish, but Nick’s 2 and 3 is enough to seal the victory for Blue.
Red cleans the dining room and preps both kitchens for the night’s service for punishment, while Blue enjoys a go kart racing reward with Miss California.
The night’s service doesn’t go much better for Red. While Blue has a little bit of “Who put the cream in the mash?” controversy and Milly’s spirit is fading, they ultimately bail out Red who gets kicked out of the kitchen again. It starts with cold lobster from Alison, then burnt butter from her. Christine’s garnish station sinks all night. Sarah on the meat station is a disaster with undercooked Wellingtons and overcooked lamb.
Christine and Sarah are up for elimination.
Christine, I have seen improve. Sarah started so strong, but has fallen far. There is a brief moment where Ramsay asks her if she thinks she could cook better in a blue jacket, but alas, he’s not seeing it. Sarah is sent home.
What do you think about Chef Ramsay’s decision?
Next week’s episode promises drama again; hopefully we get it this time!