It’s a new year, and I’ve got more Julep polished and Maven perks to tell you about! January’s collection is known as the Chrysalis Collection and my first box of the year was a big one!
Here’s what I got:
- Fa La La, an add on and an amazing discount! This holiday collection contains Winnie, a rose gold metallic; Margot, an old Hollywood gold shimmer; and Charisma, a Ruby red shimmer. While these are perfect holiday colors, I got this collection for a steal and will be incorporating them into other celebratory manicures.
- Margit – one of my It Girl box’s polishes. This color is described as mushroom with rose shimmer. The shimmer is evident looking at it in the bottle, but on my nails it’s more flat and a great winter neutral.
- Shelly – another from the January It Girl box. This wintermint is somewhere between mint and blue. I can see this pastel working well for any season.
- Luna – another add on. This light blue with chunks of jagged glitter is every hipster mermaid’s dream. Yes, it is hard to get off, and yes, the texture is a bit weird.
- Zelda – This pink champagne metallic was actually subbed into my box because it was more expensive as an add on. This gorgeous glitter looks like it’s ready for Gatsby’s parties, and you don’t have to wear anything under it to get it’s full effect.
- Janae – The final piece of the It Girl January box, I had subbed it out for Zelda, then added it back as an add on for less! This charcoal gray looks navy in the bottle.
My bonus gift this month was Julep’s Go Big mascara. I’m honestly not too excited about this, because I’m kind of a mascara snob, but I’ll have to try it out and reserve my judgement until then!
I also got some Junior Mints and a coupon for a free polish! If you want a free Julep Maven box, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!