Before Christmas, I finally took inventory of my massive collection of Alex & Ani jewelry. This Rhode Island brand is super popular now, but I’ve been collecting for a long time. Elissa of Style Wire introduced it to me when the Newbury Street store was new. She learned quickly that she created a monster. The collection as of 2013 was featured on her blog, but I hadn’t taken inventory of it since she took those photos.
Results are questionable. My collection currently consists of: 70 bracelets, 1 ring, 5 pairs of earrings. My brother got me two pairs of earrings for Christmas, so they are not featured in the glimpse of my collection below. They will, however, be featured in my Christmas vacation haul post coming next week!
Here’s a little taste:
Yes, some of these bangles are extremely well-loved. They clean up easily, though! What you’re looking at here is:
- A lot of nautical | a small anchor (my second A&A ever), conch shell, seahorse, and compass in silver; a rope wrap in silver; large anchor in both silver and gold; crab, oyster, and scallop shell in gold.
- Sleek & shiny | one gold & five silver beaded bangles; a silver unicorn and gold turtle both is the shiny finish.
- Go-to’s | silver Kingston wrap; silver & gray beaded Gypsy wrap, gold peacock feather & silver cross; New England Patriots in silver; BC in gold; Boston in silver; Rhode Island in silver.
- Beaded beauties | 9 various earth-tone and black beaded bangles from Boston, Newport, Saratoga, and Patriot’s Place stores.
- Other pieces | silver skeleton key Providence collection bracelet; silver star ring; two pairs of silver earrings; topaz crystal therapy earrings.
- Blues | a big, beaded green-blue statement bangle; various beaded bangles & wrap.
- Some silver bangles | Olympic Aphrodite & Diana bangles; Charity by Design elephant & water drop; lotus peace petals, January birth flower, and Mother Mary; key, feather, & bicycle.
- Colors | six beaded bangles, two beaded wraps, one gold & silver wrap.
- Even more bangles | older style silver Capricorn & gold tree of life; gold phoenix, buddha, and grapes; gold owl & penguin; silver YAY & “everything happens for a reason.”
The fact of the matter is, I love this brand. As a summer Rhode Island resident, I love the local aspect. I love what the company stands for, spreading positive energy with each stylist talisman.
Do you guys have any crazy collections you’re proud of?
Do you have any Alex & Ani jewelry?