And we’re back to our regularly scheduled programming! Today’s Friday favorite is something I’ve been waiting to share with you guys for months now, as I started collecting way back when I started by Julep Maven subscription and finished the set last month. With an appropriate amount of holiday sparkle for New Year’s and a fun look for every month of the year, I present to you, Julep’s Birthstone Collection.
- Betty – Garnet for January | My birthstone! Betty is more magenta than garnet– pinkish instead of the dark red I love. This color looks amazing over an actual garnet-colored polish, though! It picks up a shine that really does emulate the stone.
- Rosa – Amethyst for February | I haven’t had much luck using Rosa yet. I’ve paired it with pastels, as I have with purple glitter in the past, but it’s not striking the right balance with me. I’ll have to try it with a dark purple-black, like Julep’s Padma.
- Aretha – Aquamarine for March | I always forget that aquamarine is March’s birthstone, assuming it’s something green! I haven’t tried out Aretha yet; I think it’s more of a spring. Planning on using it closer to March.
- Coretta – Diamond for April | This is one of the most versatile polishes in the collection. I’ve enjoyed pairing it with black for a striking combo, but Coretta would truly pair well with anything.
- Priscilla – Emerald for May | I’ve probably used Priscilla most of any in the collection– green was really my color this year! I loved using this for Halloween paired with black in a Wicked Witch of the West-type look, and using it with greens!
- Kathy – Pearl for June | Kathy is the only polish in the collection I have used for an entire manicure. It’s a great accent nail too, but I dare you to stop at just one nail. This color is absolutely gorgeous! Once you see this golden-champagne shimmer on your nails, you’ll be in love.
- Martina – Ruby for July | One of the first colors in the collection I was attracted to, Martina is perfect for Fourth of July, Christmas, or just your average Sunday as a Patriot’s fan! Ruby is both of my parents’ birthstone and I’m partial to it.
- Claudia – Peridot for August | I love this color in general. Like I said, I’m all about green this year especially olive tones. Claudia is a perfect match to a peridot, and I see this color as a glitzy camo look… if that’s a thing?
- Serena – Sapphire for September | Another of my favorite stones, I was attracted to Serena right away as well. I ordered Betty, Martina, and Serena first before I decided to collect them all! Sapphire is my favorite stone and my brother’s birthstone. This is another great one for Fourth of July or life as a Pats fan! And I just love blue.
- Julie – Pink Tourmaline for October | Opal is an alternate birthstone for October, and another of my favorites. Tourmaline, however, is also gorgeous. Julie is not an obnoxious pink and works well with light colors as a sparkle accent.
- Joni – Citrine for November | Orange is another big color for me this year. Joni is a stunning bronzey-orange that I haven’t gotten the opportunity to pair yet, but I can’t wait to!
- Savannah – Blue Topaz for December | I know what you’re thinking, another blue? Let me tell you, Savannah and Serena definitely look different. Savannah is lighter, like a summer sky. I do wear a blue topaz ring on the daily, so I was happy to see this for December.
Which is your favorite?