My November Julep Maven Box (#4) featuring the Friendsgiving Collection was HUGE!
When I first saw the giant box, I thought there must have been some sort of mistake. I checked my order history and found that this box was actually cheaper than my normal monthly box because I applied my Joules rewards points. That’s right; I got all of this for $20! My little Maven box with the six polishes I selected was inside a box that housed my second double free surprise and what I thought might be the plié wand.
What’s actually in this little plié wand packet is the most confusing advertisement I’ve ever seen. It’s just the cap, without the wand-part and a cryptic marketing message to go to julep.com/better. I assumed I received this because I participated in a survey about their plié wand that ended after the first question: “Do you have the plié wand? / No.” Would I have liked to try it out? Yes! I wish they’d send me one so I could review it for you! Instead, they just sent me a piece of plastic that I don’t know what to do with.
My Maven box held a Holiday Gift Guide that I’m drooling over. I haven’t tried any Julep make-up yet, but there’s an eyeshadow pallet in here that I think I need. They’re apparently just giving us candy now, too. I got some caramel vanilla cremes in the little box. My coupon this month is a great one too– $10 off!
Here’s the good part, the polishes:
- Linden: This It Girl pool blue was one of my surprise gifts! My friend selected this as one of her add-ons, and I saw her box before mine. I wanted Linden instantly, so this was serendipity!
- Kiki: This oceanic blue-silver shimmer was part of my original It Girl November box. I don’t think I could ever swap a blue out, especially one that works so well for multiple seasons!
- Marzia: This is another of my original It Girl box components. This gorgeous pewter chrome almost looks tan or brownish in certain lights, which to me is an absolute delight!
- Isla: The final piece of my Friendsgiving It Girl box is this ink blue. This navy-almost-black is a must-have neutral for me.
- Fazia: I’m obsessed with this Bombshell color. I absolutely couldn’t resist adding on this garnet shimmer. It’s my birthstone! And perfect for the holidays.
- Devon: I couldn’t pass up adding this Classic with a Twist color, described as “slate grey with fuchsia microshimmer.” With Devon, I add another pretty metallic for the collection with a slight purple sheen.
- Sawyer: You know this girl loves her earth tones. This Boho Glam polish is copper shimmer– the browns and reds get me every time, which is why I had to add this on.
- Nadia: To be honest, I would have never selected this marigold color, however, I think this It Girl polish makes so much sense in my box! Described as a “sun-kissed golden frost,” I’m planning on using this, my second surprise freebie, as a holiday gold.
I can’t WAIT to play with all of these new colors!
Ready to join and get your first box free? Leave me a comment with your email address for an invite!