I still cannot contain my Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby excitement. If you are anything like me, you’ll want to mark your calendars for these important dates!
October 13 – October 26 you can pick up a special code card at Gamestop stores. That gets you a Shiny Gengar holding a Gengarite Mega Stone for your Pokémon X and/or Y games.
October 27 – November 16 you can go on back to Gamestop for a code for Mythical Pokémon Diancie! Trade this guy into your new Alpha Sapphire and/or Omega Ruby versions and obtain the Mega Stone for Mega Diancie in battles!
There are also a slew of new Pokémon TCG cards coming out. My collection was my pre-teen pride and joy, and lately I’ve been adding to it again here and there. I see many a money-flying-away-emoji in my future.
More great news came in the form of this Youtube release:
We’re finally seeing the Primal forms of Groudon and Kyogre in action, and gosh did I find this video enlightening. A couple of take-aways:
- Groudon’s ability conjures a new weather condition called Extremely Harsh Sunlight. While that name sounds a bit silly, the weather condition makes water attacks evaporate in thin air… um, yikes.
- The video also shows Groudon’s attack, Precipice Blades, which looks fierce. My main man in Hoenn, Blaziken, doesn’t seem phased, though!
- Kyogre’s ability conjures a new weather condition called Heavy Rain. It sounds significantly less ridiculous, and a bit less severe, but its effects are not. Blaziken uses Flamethrower to no avail… a world without fire attacks is my worst nightmare. This is going to make things interesting…
- We also get to see Rayquaza, the third legendary of the Hoenn trio, and I couldn’t be more pleased to see him! He might be my favorite legendary of all time.
- Finally, three new Mega Evolved forms are shown: Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Gallade!
I literally can’t handle it. What do you think about these two new weather conditions? Do you think Rayquaza could possibly hide a third?