Okay, first of all I want to retract what I said about Jet & Cord last week. I’ve been watching season 16, the first season to host the cowboys, and I think I’ve gotten a better picture of them. They definitely do their own thing, and I really respect that. I think in a Race without Youtubers and Globetrotters, I’m banking on the cowboys.
In this episode, teams left Italy sul treno for Chiasso, Switzerland. From there, it was basically a race around Switzerland with, as the title suggests, a big emphasis on the accidentally formed alliance of Dave and Connor, Jen and Caroline, and Leo and Jamal.
Dave and Connor are inexplicably furious at the Brenchels for playing the game, and are hell-bent on revenge. Caroline and Jennifer can’t pull their own weight, so they’ve latched onto the father-son team. Leo and Jamal would rather be in the top three with these two teams than the bigger threats of Jet and Cort and the Brenchels. Though I know this is their strategy, they seem to get way too into this “race family” to a point where I can’t stand them throughout this episode. And y’all know how I feel about Dave and Connor. (Hate ’em!)
Throughout the challenges, these three teams helped each other through and alienated the Brenchels. Jet and Cord flew under the radar, bolstering my appreciation for this duo.
- Cleaning up a hotel room trashed by a band and making it up for guests to meet Helga, the gouvernante‘s standards
- Searching & solving a math problem to determine the year of their respective Ford Mustangs on exhibit in the Swiss Museum of Transport
- Delivering milk with Bernese Mountain dogs for the RoadBlock
Here’s how the teams finished:
- Dave and Connor → they won a 2015 Mustang for the victory; such a sweet prize for such an undeserving team.
- Jet and Cord
- Leo and Jamal
- Brendan and Rachel → take that alliance!
- Jennifer and Caroline → it’s a non-elimination week, so the blondes are safe yet again.
My feelings on this episode are best summed up as expressed by former racer Meghan Camarena, @strawburry17, via twitter:
Proud of @brendonvbb12 & @RachelEReilly. I hate when @AmazingRace_CBS becomes more about bullying than the actual competition.
So I’m routing for Brenchel and the cowboys until the end. Surely one of these teams will make it into the top 3! I’m betting the blondes and next to go.